EBS has partnered with leading manufacturer Nordock® to provide the SMART-HOOK™ AR-10K premium automatic vehicle restraint, using advanced technology to safely secure trucks to your loading dock.
With a wide range of smart features, contact our team to learn how it can make your loading and unloading process safer and more efficient.
- A large, auto-reversing rotating hook with over 32,000lbs. of restraining force engages the trailer’s Rear Underrun Protective Device (RUPD), eliminating the risk of unscheduled departure, trailer creep and tip over.
- Never worry about power supply interruptions again thanks to the exclusive, auto-recharging POWER-SAFE™ battery reserve system, ensuring full functionality for over 24 hours for enhanced loading dock safety and control.
- IP66 rated waterproof and dustproof Direct Drive System eliminates clutch, chain and brake components for smooth, uninterrupted operation.
- IMPACT-GUARD™ front carriage reinforcement makes the AR-10K ten times stronger than competitor designs, easily protecting against trailer impact damage.
- A wide range of trailer heights are accommodated by the automatically adjusting low profile housing, lowering to 9” above grade to prevent damage from low RIGs.
- Above ground storage protects restraint from the elements while keeping dock clean.
- Waterproof hook position sensor alerts operator when no RIG is detected and is a more reliable alternative to failure prone mechanical switches.
- NEMA 12 control panel with steel enclosure ensures provides full protection from the elements.
- We’re so confident in the quality of the AR-10K we offer a one-year parts and labour and five-year structural warranty.
The AR-10K is designed using advanced, automated technology for safe and reliable operation.
Upon backing into loading dock, the trailer’s RUPD makes contact with the restraint housing, automatically securing the housing under and firmly against the RIG.
Once in position, the truck’s brakes are set and wheels chocked. With just a push of the lock button by a dock attendant, the large rotating hook is positioned in front of the RIG, safely securing the vehicle to the loading dock. A waterproof hook position sensor monitors the rotation and position of the hook at all times.
As the trailer moves throughout the loading/unloading process, the housing automatically adjusts in response, while the hook provides constant upward biased pressure against the RUPD, preventing trailer creep, tip over and early departure
If no RUPD is detected, the hook is automatically stored away and sounds an alarm, with communication lights indicating a caution condition.
Upon loading cycle completion, the dock attendant can store the hook by pressing the release button, with communication lights signalling to both driver and dock attendant when it is safe for the truck to depart.
The AR-10K utilises high visibility interior and exterior LED lights with clear, large lettering and operator instructions on the control panel cover and mounted sign that can be easily seen by truck drivers and dock attendants.
In case of power failure, the interior and exterior lights will flash until power is restored. If no RIG has been detected, an audible alarm and interior red light will alert the dock attendant.
Built for long lasting performance, the enclosed housing is a structural welded assembly with high tensile reinforcement to withstand damage from backing trailers. Several components including mounting plate, track, hook, housing and brackets feature dual zinc dichromate finish for added strength and corrosion protection.
At the heart of the AR-10K is a patented drive system with a water and dust proof IP66 high torque 120-volt DC motor featuring high efficiency helical gears for reliable performance. With a NEMA 12 dustproof enclosure incorporating push button controls and LED communication lights, operating the AR-10K couldn’t be easier.
With a total mounting force exceeding 100,000 pounds, the AR-10K is designed to be robust. Included concrete wall anchors are used to mount the vehicle restraint to the dock before it is welded onto the pit curb angle, or alternatively onto a steel plate embedded into the dock face.
Installation instructions for signs, control panel and optional components can be found within the installation and owner’s manual.
- Integrated LOGI-SMART® control system
- Cantilever extension mounting bracket
- Cast-in wall mounting plate
- Keyed override switch
- Waterproof panel enclosures
- SUPER-COM™ signal light system